Version 1.1b (02/06/06) Released
What is RatingsHandler?
RatingsHandler is a powerful application
much like those seen at
rankpeople.com. The one big difference is that not only does it allow
rating of images, but it also has the ability to rate text or multimedia
Just look at the features below and you will see
powerful it is:
- Easy Setup
- Complete Online Administration
- Template Based Formatting
- You define the templates and how they look
to ensure RatingsHandler fits right into the look of your site.
- Custom Colors, Fonts, and Table
- Admin can define the font face to be used,
the font size, the font color, as well as the table background colors.
- Helps make the look and feel fit your
- Unlimited Users and Item Ratings
- Allow an unlimited number of users to
register and have their items rated. Admin can define the number of items
each user can submit for rating.
- Terms of Service Requirements
- Admin defines the URL to your site's Terms
Of Service (TOS) and each user must agree to them before they post and
- In addition, a link is provided to the TOS
for all visitors to read and agree to prior to participating.
- Top Items
- Admin defines the number of top items to
show and RatingsHandler will display the top items for the previous day.
- Multiple Image Format Support
- Support for jpeg, gif and png files.
- Multiple Media Format Support
- Support for Microsoft Media Player format,
QuickTime format, and Real Media format.
- In addition, you can change the HTML for
the embedded players at any point. Make the player look the way you want
- Single Tier or Dual Tier Categories
- Support for an unlimited number of main
categories and/or subcategories.
- Use and Require Demographic Fields
- You choose whether to use and/or require
any of the supplied fields.
- Fields include Name, Location, Age,
Gender, Homepage, ICQ Number, AOL IM Handle, Yahoo IM Handle, and
- Auto Determine Image Sizes and Info
- Option to have RatingsHandler
automatically determine image sizes to ensure proper scaling.
- Also ensures images being submitted are in
the proper format.
- Requires the modules LWP and Image::Size
to be installed on your server.
- Check Item URL
- Option to have RatingsHandler check to
ensure the URL provided for an item being submitted is correct. If not, it
will notify the user that the item cannot be found.
- Helps ensure missing items are not
submitted for rating and bad URL's are not entered by accident.
- Requires the LWP module to be installed on
- Check Missing Items
- Have each item checked to ensure they
still exist at the defined URL before displaying the item for rating. If
the item is missing, a message will be displayed to the visitor that the
item is missing and RatingsHandler will automatically move onto the next
- Help to ensure missing items are not displayed
- Admin Notification of Missing Items
- If you use the check missing item option,
an email will be sent to the admin when a missing item is found.
- Restrict Image Sizes
- Option to restrict the width and height of
submitted images. If a user submits an image with a width or height larger
than the defined values, it will notify them that the item is too large.
- Requires the LWP module to be installed on
- Item Reporting
- Visitors can report items if they feel
they are inappropriate.
- They can also include their own comments with the report.
- Admin defines the reporting guidelines to
be displayed to the visitors.
- Item Skip
- Visitors can skip an item if they don't
want to rate it. All they do is click the skip item link.
- Ratings Duration
- Admin defines the numbers of days each IP
address can rate each item. A visitor's rating for an item will only
register once every so many days that you define.
- Item Approval
- Admin can require approval of all items
before they are posted for rating.
- Helps prevent unwanted items from being
displayed to the public.
- Recommend To Friend
- Visitors can recommend items to friends.
- Visitors can view profiles of individuals
who submitted items.
- Profile Emailing
- Users can define whether they want to show
their email publicly to allow others to email them.
- If they don't want to show their email,
they can use a form that will allow visitors to email a user without
displaying the user's email address.
- Admin Defined Heights and Widths
- Admin defines the max height and width for
displaying items that are up for rating as well as the last rated item.
- Admin Defined Caption Lengths
Admin can define the length of the caption that the user can add to their
- Admin Notification of New Items
- Option to email the admin when new items
are posted for rating.
- Timed Backups
- Ability to automatically backup at timed
- Backups are performed only when a file is
modified. This prevents wasting server resources and space by backing up
files that have not changed since the last backup.
- and more.
- Take a look at our demos and admin screens
to see for yourself.