Version 1.2b (01/23/2003)
What is AccountHandler?
AccountHandler is a powerful application
for providing member registrations and password protected area
administration for web servers using the .htaccess method of
You can use it just as a member registration
application, you can use it just as a password protected area manager, or you
take advantage of all the powerful features combined as one of the most
powerful products of it's kind.
What sets it apart form other applications
Well, it's a member registration application as
well as a password protected area manager. You don't see that too often.
Unlike other password protected area managers, AccountHandler
can manage an unlimited number of protected areas with powerful features such
as password synchronization. You no longer have to install 5 copies of a
software to manage 5 different protected areas.
In addition, unlike other member registration
applications, AccountHandler performs validation checks on member information
to ensure the data is collected correctly. This aids in preventing the
headaches of trying to correct bad information later down the line.
Just look at the features below and you will see
how it separates itself from other products of it's kind.
- Easy Setup
- Complete Online Administration
- Unlimited Accounts.
- Ability to create and manage an unlimited
number of member registrations.
- Unlimited Protected Areas Admin
- Provide administration for an unlimited
number of password protected areas.
- Ability to add, remove, modify accounts
for any protected area.
- Member Demographic Collection
- Optionally use and required any of the
member demographic fields.
- Member Demographic Verifications
- Proper format verifications for member
fields such as phone, fax, email address, state, etc.
- Auto-capitalize first and last names as
well as middle initials.
- Helps to ensure information is collected
properly the first time.
- Member Area Access Control
- Easily give and remove a members access to
any protected area.
- You can assign any protected area login
username and password to to any member. Allows you to give the user
access using their own login account, another members login account, or
a global account login.
- Immediate Access On Account Create
- Automatically give access to any number of
protected areas on initial account creation. User can access the
areas right away. No need for you to manually give them
- Strict User ID and Password Restrictions
- Define the min and max length of User ID's
- Define allowed characters for User ID's
- Defined required characters for User ID's
- Auto Access Expiration
- Define a member expiration date for any
protected area. Once the date is reached, the access is
automatically removed. You no longer have to manually remove the access.
- Expirations dates can defined separately
for any member and any protected area.
- Reserved Accounts
- Define reserved accounts that should never
be modified or removed.
- Ensure no new accounts are created using
- You don't have to worry about the
protected area login information being changed for a reserved account inadvertently.
- Admin has ability to add, modify or
removed reserved accounts at any time.
- Password Synchronizations
- When a member changes their account
password, AccountHandler automatically changes the password for each
- Reserved accounts are excluded.
- Admin can also define specific login
information for a member such that it is never changed.
- Account Approval and Deny
- Approve or deny any account at any time.
- Option to automatically approve all
accounts upon creation.
- Admin Account Creations Only
- Option to allow account creations by admin
- Admin Account Modifications Only
- Option to allow account modifications by
- Protected Area Access Display
- When a member logs in, the can view the
protected areas they have access to, as well as their login information
for that area.
- Helps to save the admin the headaches of
having to lookup login information for member. The member can login and
view the information themselves.
- File Direct Editing
- Directly edit your .htaccess and .htpasswd
- Template Formatting
Use a template to customize the look so fits in with your site.
- Custom Headers and Footers
- In addition, or in replace of the template, you can define a custom header and footer to
aid in customizing the look.
- Admin Notification
- Option to email admin on accounts
creations and changes.
- Mailing Lists
- Easily creating a mailing list of your
members in multiple formats.
- Timed Backups
- Ability to automatically backup at timed
- Intervals include weekly, daily, hourly,
all the way down to each minutes and each second.
- Backups are performed only when a file is
modified. This prevents wasting server resources and space by backing up
files that have not changed since the last backup.
- and much more.